How do you make the most of your program time when you have little time to plan and limited resources?
How do you engage children of all ages and build skills and learning for success in school?
How do you make your program a place for supportive relationships, positive development and active learning?
Connect to the school day during the extended day in your program.
- Program Time: learn how to shape program content deliberately to provide kids afterschool.
- Homework Time: learn how to design homework time deliberately to promote teamwork, independent learning, study skills, time management, relationship building, and more-along with working on the assignments.
- Transition Time: learn how to turn transitions into time for building a sense of community, refocusing, and keeping kids energized and engaged.
- English Language Learners: learn how to get ELLs using and practicing English, boost literacy skills, and build comprehension.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math): learn how to facilitate STEM activities with kids, connect STEM to school day learning, draw on existing resources, and prepare staff and plan for action.