Call for Presenters
Proposals for the Beyond School Hours conference addressing school day, before- and after-school, extended day, community-based, and summer opportunities, as well as workforce development, higher education, and field-building research are encouraged. Foundations is searching for exceptional presenters to explore best practices and cutting-edge issues that influence the healthy academic, social, and emotional development of children and youth. As a presenter you will reach a national audience of practitioners, supervisors, directors and policy-makers who are committed to help young people flourish in out-of-school time. Conference strands include:
- Partnering for Success (Multifaceted, Innovative, Successful Collaborations Among Schools, Districts, OST Providers, Families, Communities, Social Services, Corporations; Sustainability; Scalability; Higher Education; Grant Writing; Integrated Services)
- Grade Level Reading, Language and Literacy (Organizing for Success; Approaches and Methodology; English Language Learners and Learning; Academic Enrichment; Accountability; Measuring Success; Aligning Programs; Developing the Whole Child; Replicating and Sustaining Success)
- Innovations and Explorations for Learning (Applied Learning; Maximizing Technology; STEM; Arts; Project-Based Learning; Expanding Learning Through Partnerships; Equity and Diversity in Programming; Using Nature for Interdisciplinary Learning; Turning Around Low Performing Schools)
- Quality Building (Professional Development; Technical Assistance; Supervision; Issues and Research; Advocacy; Capacity Building; Leadership; Certification; Assessment; Evaluation)
- Education for Sustainable Communities (Aligning/Redesigning Core Curriculum; Sustainable Schools; Global Literacy; Cultural Competence; Applied STEM; Civic Engagement; Green Jobs; Community Development; Healthy Stewards; Science of Sustainability; Preparing Students for an Emerging Green Economy; Nurturing Healthy Learning Communities)
- Engaging Older Youth (High School Graduation; Transitions; Youth Leadership; Life Skills; Relationship Skills; Recruiting and Retaining Youth; Workforce Development; Project-Based Learning; Self-Directed Learners; Engaging Under-represented Learners; Preparing Young Professionals)
- Is the workshop appropriate for the target audience?
- Is the content relevant to current needs, issues and trends?
- Will the workshop actively engage participants through a variety of approaches?
- Will the workshop content and materials be useful to participants?
- Do the workshop abstract and description align with the workshop objectives?
- Presentation proposal due: June 30, 2010
- Decision by selection committee: November 5, 2010