Charter School Services
Supporting success in school and life
Across the region and the nation, for more than 15 years Foundations has aided in the development, opening, and ongoing success of charter schools. Our tools and tactics are real-world tested and continuously refined. Our services, like our people, reflect Foundations' commitment to building quality educational opportunities for students, families, and communities.
Delivering expert support
An established nonprofit organization, Foundations supports charter school quality in several key areas from concept through renewal:
- Leadership—We help charter school board members and school leaders perform better while building their capacity and confidence in their school operations. Our services range from governance, strategic planning, policy development, recruitment, retention and training of board members. Our intensive CEO search service helps boards quickly find an ideal match.
- Academic Achievement—Our customized professional development and technical assistance help schools improve student academic performance. We assist with the development and selection of rigorous curricula, instructional techniques, data driven instruction, and teacher evaluation. We have deep expertise in Grade Level Reading, English language learning, afterschool programming, special education, and more.
- Climate and Culture—Creating a safe learning environment where all faculty and staff support the healthy development of students is paramount to school success. We support a positive approach to behavior and a restorative code of conduct. We help you tailor interventions to specific areas of concern, addressing behavioral issues that can become barriers to learning.
- Personnel Recruitment and Retention—Most charter schools need support recruiting and selecting teachers and negotiating contracts. Foundations helps with all of these critical tasks. We also provide on-site graduate courses for teacher certification and ongoing professional development.
- Special Education—Foundations' experts build the capacity of staff to work with special needs students, to ensure that Individual Education Plans are in place, implemented, and regularly monitored, and to fulfill all reporting and compliance responsibilities on time.
- Business Services—Foundations draws on a wealth of national experience to deliver affordable, customized school business administrative services on an interim or ongoing basis. We help schools reach compliance and we've saved charters up to 50% of their business services costs through fund management, budget preparation, payroll and benefits services, capital planning, financial reporting, and the installation and operation of sound accounting systems.
- Communications—Engaging internal and external stakeholders is vital to every school's success. We help you open and maintain lines of communication with families, staff, and community interests.
- Data and Reporting—As deadlines loom, Foundations helps you identify, complete, and file all necessary reports, including annual reports, renewal applications, and financial statements. We also perform data analyses that serve as a guide for planning and decision making.
Foundations has teams ready and capable of assessing and solving problems quickly-meeting tight deadlines and fulfilling emergency mandates. Our staff is available to help you today.