We all strive to improve learning experiences for children and youth. The equation for achieving this common goal is simple: more training for more educators equals greater potential for improvement.
Foundations' professional development offerings broaden the knowledge and skills of educators and leaders. Our customized approach lets you focus on areas of particular need as well as best practices in the education field.
We base all professional development on a set of core principles:
- Content is clearly relevant to participants’ need
- Design and delivery are shaped by principles of adult education
- Participants see concepts and techniques in practice-and have time to process and practice themselves
- Training ties directly to application in the context of participants' own programs
- Participants build on their experience and learn from one another
Moreover, we emphasize follow-up in all professional development engagements. We stay in contact with you to make sure you see the return on your investment.
Improving Teaching and Learning
Foundations offers customized professional development for schools and districts in several focus areas-from elementary school literacy to infusing technology into high school classrooms. We also feature a variety of professional development initiatives targeting afterschool educators and program administrators.
Available in many formats-from national meetings to on-site or online workshops-the trainings cover the "how-to" of education approaches as well as staff development, quality improvement, and customized technical assistance based on individual program needs.